These muffins use BARLEYmax® and contain no butter or white flour – and they truly hit the mark!
- 2 cups Goodness Superfoods Traditional Barley + Oats
- 1 cup wholewheat stoneground flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup Logicane (low GI sugar)
- 1 egg, beaten with fork
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tb Australian extra virgin olive oil
- rind of 1/2 orange
- juice of an orange
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 2-3 pears, finely diced (leave skin on)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In separate bowl mix the wet ingredients before adding to the dry mix. Combine well. Add a splash of milk if too dry (this will depend on consistency of yoghurt).
- Gently mix through the fruit.
- Spoon into muffin tin and bake in preheated oven at 180℃ for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out. Place onto wire rack to cool.
These muffins also freeze well – ideal for lunch boxes and snacks on the run.
Recipe courtesy of Goodness Super Foods