Makes 30 biscuits
½ cup BARLEYmax® flour
1 cup plain flour
125g butter, at room temperature
¾ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup coconut flakes
1 heaped tsp mixed spice
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 140º degrees. Line a baking tray.
- Place the flours and butter in a high speed blender using a dough mixer. Pulse until combined and the mixture is crumbly (a hand beater can be used if you do not have a high speed mixer).
- Add the sugar, coconut, spices and remaining ingredients and blend till combined and the mixture becomes a dough.
- Take a spoonful of the dough and roll into a ball and then flatten with your hand. Use a cookie cutter to make the desired shape.
- Repeat with remaining dough mixture and place on the tray 5cm apart.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden.