2 pears, peeled with stalk intact
4 cardamom pods, crushed
¼ cup caster sugar
1.5 cups water
½ cup BARLEYmax® flakes
¼ cup LSA mix (ground linseeds, sunflower and almond)
¾ cup milk of your choice
¼ tsp cinnamon
- Place the cardamom, cinnamon, sugar and water in a saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the pears, turn down to a low heat and cover. Poach for 2 hours or until the pears are tender, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the BARLEYmax® flakes, LSA and milk into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes , stirring constantly.
- Add the cinnamon, turn the heat to low and stir until the porridge has thickened.
- Serve immediately with the pears, a drizzle of maple syrup and some of the juice from the poached pears.
- Any poached fruit can be used. Try quince, which are deliciously fragrant and a wonderful winter fruit.