BARLEYmax® Honey Cake
¾ cup BARLEYmax® flour
¾ cup plain flour
1.5 cups self raising flour
1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1.5 cup caster sugar
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups hot water
- Preheat an oven to 180ºC. Grease a large deep angel cake tin.
- Sift the flours and bicarb into a large bowl. Add the cocoa powder and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, caster sugar, olive oil and honey together until well mixed.
- Pour the egg mixture slowly into the flour mixture, alternating with the hot water. Mix well.
- Pour into the cake tin. Bake for 70 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. If the top starts to burn, add a layer of baking paper to cover the cake.
- Allow the cake to cool before turning out onto a wire rack.
Did you know….
- By replacing haf the regular flour with BARLEYmax® flour, each serve contains about 30% more dietary fibre.
- BARLEYmax® is a great flour substitute to increase your daily dietary fibre intake.
Adapted from The Monday Morning Cook Book