Delicious ANZAC biscuits, powered by BARLEYmax®.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- 1 cup wholemeal flour, sifted
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup BARLEYmax® flakes
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp golden syrup or treacle
- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- 2½ tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 170°C (or 160°C if your oven is fan forced).
- Place wholemeal flour, rolled oats, BARLEYmax® flakes, sugar and coconut in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan, place the golden syrup and butter. Stir over low heat until the butter has fully melted. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Mix the bicarb soda with 2½ tbsp water and add to the golden syrup mixture.
- Pour the golden syrup and bicarb mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix well to fully combine.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Press the tops of the biscuits down gently to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.