Check out this awesome recipe for Christmas Bark by our nutrition ambassador, Teri Lichtenstein (APD).
A fantastic, festive treat!
Makes 12 pieces
400g white cooking chocolate
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup shelled pistachio nuts
¾ cup toasted BARLEYmax® flakes
¾ cup freeze dried strawberries or raspberries
¼ cup pepitas
2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Break chocolate into pieces and met in a microwave or on the stove using a double boiler. Stir regularly to ensure the chocolate does not burn
- Stir in the cranberries, pistachio nuts and BARLEYmax®
- Working quickly, spread the mixture on a lined baking tray
- Place the freeze dried strawberries on top and sprinkle the pepitas and chia seeds
- Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes
- Using a sharp knife, cut into pieces
- Swap the white chocolate and pistachios for dark chocolate and chopped macadamia nuts
- Wrap up each piece in a clear plastic bag with ribbon for a great homemade Christmas gift
To learn more about the health benefits of BARLEYmax®, click here.